Our NIT Platoon has adopted community development activities with the aim of imbibing amongst cadets selfless service to the community, dignity of labor, importance of self help, need to protect the environment and to assist weaker sections of the society in their upliftment. This is envisaged through programs involving adult-education, tree plantation, blood donation, visit to Old Age Homes, anti-leprosy drive, village upliftment and various other social schemes.
- Anti Dowry: Besides spreading awareness, our Cadets take a pledge not to accept or encourage dowry system.
- Anti Leprosy Drive: Our Cadets have launched anti-leprosy drive in the vicinity of NIT campus and are helping various Gram Panchayats at grass root level.
- Tree Plantation: Our cadets plant saplings and look after them in conjunction with the college authorities. NCC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Govind Ballabh Pant Institue of Ecology and Environment in July, 2006 to promote afforestation, inculcate scientific understanding of environment and environmental problems of the Indian Himalayan Region. This programme is being extended to other parts of the Himalyan Region.
- Blood Donation: NIT Platoon organises blood donation camp every year to support and save life in critical conditions. Our Cadets also donate blood during ATC.
- AIDS Awareness: Various AIDS awareness programs are organised by the Platoon in nearby villages to make people aware of the cause and consequences of AIDS.