Continuing Education Program
1. A regular Short-Term training program on “Transformer Engineering & Practices” is being organized in each semester for the final year students of Govt. Polytechnic Hamirpur since 2008. So far, two such programs have been successfully completed during 6-8 Feb 2009 and 26-28 Sep 2008.
2. A refresher course on “Power Transformer Engineering & Practices” has been organized during 20-23 Oct 2008 exclusively for the engineers of HP state electricity board.
3. A Short-Term course on “Transformer Engineering, Protection and Diagnostics” has been organized during 3-6 Oct 2007 for young engineers of Power Utilities.
4. A Refresher Course on ‘Transformer Engineering and Practices’ has been held during 26-28 Feb 2007.
1. A National Conference on ‘Technological Advances in Computing and Technology’ (TACT’09) has been organized during 16-17 Mar 2009 at NIT Hamirpur.
1. A Workshop on “Power Transformers Design and Monitoring” has been organized by TIFAC-CORE NIT Hamirpur during 14-15 Mar 2009.
1. Dr. Madan Gopal Sharma, AEE, office of Director (Design), Hamirpur delivered an expert lecture on “Modern Trends in Power Transformer Design Requirement” on 27th Feb 2009.
2. Dr M. M. Goswami, AGM, PGCIL delivered expert lectures on “Challenges in Power Transformer Design and Maintenance” and “On-line monitoring of Bushing and OLTC” on March 14-15, 2009.
3. Prof S. V. Kulkarni, EED, IIT Bombay delivered expert lectures on “Insulation design & Processing”, “Short circuit forces and withstand”, “Detection of Winding dislocation”, “Stray loss evaluation & control” and “Fundamentals of Electromagnetics” on 14-15 March, 2009.
4. Dr V. Jaishankar, IIT Madras delivered expert lecture on “Detection of Winding dislocation” on March 14, 2009.
5. Mr S. Rengarajan, BHEL R&D Corporation, Hyderabad delivered expert lecture on “On-Site Detection of PD in Transformer” on March 14, 2009.
6. Dr V Shrinet, ERDA Vadodra delivered expert lecture on “Significance of Oil properties & DGA” on March 15, 2009.
7. Prof Sivaji Chakaravorti, Jadhavpur University, Kolkatta delivered expert lectures on “Cellulose ageing” and “Moisture determination” on March 15, 2009.
1. Demonstration of Digital Storage Oscilloscope Model DL 9040 has been held on 21st May, 2009.
2. The following faculty/staff (TIFAC-CORE) attended the workshop on “Power Transformer Design and Monitoring” at NIT Hamirpur during 14-15 Mar 2009
(i) Sh. Sushil Kumar, TIFAC-CORE Fellow
(ii) Sh. Anil Kumar, Supdt. Technical
(iii) Sh. Parminder Kumar, Tech-I
(iv) Sh. Ajay Kumar, Tech-II
3. The faculty and staff members of TIFAC–CORE participated in the three days routine maintenance (during 4-6 March 2009) of power transformers and other power apparatus done by M&T Bilaspur in the substations at Anu and Mattansidh, Hamirpur (HP). They also performed the SFRA test on one transformer each at these two sites.