HOME | VISION STATEMENT | OBJECTIVES | FACILITIES | MONITORING COMMITTEE | ACADEMICS | CONTACTS | R & D | GALLERY
PROGRESS REPORT: TIFAC-CORE (since April- 2008)
1. Two faculty members namely Sh. Amit Kaul and Sh. Himesh Handa attended a seminar on “Fault Finding and Life Assessment of Power Transformer” organized by Central Board of Irrigation and Power at New Delhi during 25-26 April 2008.
2. The 5th RMC meeting held on 24-25 Aug. 2008.
3. Sh. Sushil Kumar has been recruited as a visiting faculty in the TIFAC-CORE, EED, NIT Hamirpur for tenure of one year w.e.f. September 04, 2008. Later his designation was changed to TIFAC-CORE Fellow.
4. A refresher course on “Transformer Engineering & Practices” for the students of Govt. Polytechnic College Hamirpur was organized during 26-28 Sept 08.
5. The following technical staff have been recruited in the TIFAC-CORE, EED, NIT Hamirpur on contract basis for one year in the month of Oct 2008
(i) Sh. Anil Kumar, Superintendent Technical.
(ii) Sh. Parminder Kumar, Technical Grade-I.
6. The following members participated in a training course on “Condition Monitoring and Life Assessment of Power Transformer” organized by ERDA (Elect. Research and Development Association) at Vadodra, Gujarat during 17-18 Nov 2008.
(i) Sh. Sushil Kumar, TIFAC-CORE Fellow.
(ii) Sh. Ajay Kumar, Technician.
7. A five days training programme was attended by Dr. R.N. Sharma, Co-ordinator, TIFAC-CORE for the benefit of TIFAC-CORE, conducted by Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI) Hyderabad (AP) during 17-21 Nov, 2008.
8. Sh. Parminder Kumar and Sh. Anil Kumar attended a seminar on Karl Fischer Titrator organized by Metrohm Ltd. at Chandigarh held in Nov. 2008.
9. Sh. Sushil Kumar TIFAC-CORE fellow, NIT Hamirpur participated in one day technical seminar on “Transformer Diagnostics Testing and Circuit Breaker Analysis” at The Hans, New Delhi on 15 Jan 2009.
10. The supply order of following equipments placed in Jan, 2009.
11. A refresher course on “Transformer Engineering and Practices” was organized for the students of Govt. Polytechnic College Hamirpur, during 6-8 Feb 2009.
12. The DGA equipment calibrated on dated 11 Feb 2009 at their respective service center Delhi. And ADTR-2K calibrated by technical staff at laboratory of TIFAC-CORE NIT Hamirpur.
13. One attendant has been appointed on contract basis in Feb, 2009.
14. Dr. Madan Gopal Sharma, AEE, office of Director (Design), Hamirpur delivered an expert lecture on “Modern Trends in Power Transformer Design Requirement” on 27th Feb 2009.
15. The faculty and staff members of TIFAC –CORE participate in the three days (4-6 March 2009) routine maintenance of power transformer with M&T Bilaspur at Anu and Mattansidh Substation, Hamirpur. They also performed the SFRA test on a few transformers at these two sites.
16. The 6th RMC meeting held on 13 Mar 09. Action on the minutes has been initiated.
17. A workshop on “Power Transformers Design and Monitoring” has been organized by TIFAC-CORE NIT Hamirpur during 14-15 Mar 09.
18. The following faculty/staff (TIFAC-CORE) attended the workshop on “Power Transformer Design and Monitoring” at NIT Hamirpur during 14-15 Mar 2009
(i) Sh. Sushil Kumar, TIFAC-CORE Fellow
(ii) Sh. Anil Kumar, Supdt. Technical
(iii) Sh. Parminder Kumar, Tech-I
(iv) Sh. Ajay Kumar, Tech-II
19. A National Conference on ‘Technological Advances in Computing and Technology’ (TACT’09) has been organized during 16-17 Mar 2009 at NIT Hamirpur.
20. One limb of a 33/22 kV HV/LV transformer of HE make, 1MVA purchased from M&T HPSEB Sundernagar on the cost of its scrap value only. It has been brought to NIT Hamirpur on 16 April 2009.
21. Membership of CIGRE INDIA has been renewed for the year 2009.
22. The equipment Digital Storage Oscilloscope Model DL 9040 has been received and the company expert demonstrated it to the TIFAC-CORE staff & faculty on 22 Apr 2009.
23. Following papers have been published in the National/International journal on behalf of TIFAC-CORE, NIT Hamirpur:
(i) R. Naresh, V. Sharma and Manisha V. “An Integrated Neural-Fuzzy Approach for Fault Diagnosis of Transformer” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. Vol. 23, No.4, Oct 08 pp 2017-2024.
(ii) Singh J., Sood Y. R., Jarial R. K. and Verma Piush “Condition Monitoring of Power Transformer Bibliography Survey” IEEE Insulation Magazine Vol. 24, No.03, May/June 2008, pp 11-25.
(iii) Paper published in National Conference “Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering” RAEE-08 by Jashan Deep Singh, Y. R. Sood, R. K. Jaryal, and Piyush Verma. Paper titled “Diagnostics Techniques for Condition Monitoring of power transformer”.
(iv) Paper published in National Conference in “Recent Trends and Advancement in Computing” (RTAC-09), By Jashan Deep Singh, Y. R. Sood, R. K. Jaryal, and Piyush Verma. Paper Titled “Indian and American Standards of Power Transformer”.
24. Following books have been received in TIFAC-CORE:
25. The number of students UG/PG trained in DGA, SFRA, BDV, ADTR-2k, Domino during session of April 08-April 09:
26. The process to procure new equipments for the following purpose has been started:
(Dr. R. N. Sharma)
HOD & Co-ordinator, TIFAC-CORE
Electrical Engineering Department
NIT, Hamirpur (HP)