As per the schedule ‘C’ of NIT statutes the role and responsibilities of the Dean (Student Welfare) is to conduct activities throughout the year are as follows:
- Advice the Director in organising the student counseling.
- Responsible for the publication of students’ Magazine, News Bulletins, News Letter etc.
- Advice the Director in matters related to students discipline and welfare.
- Assist the Director in matters related to the Students Union/Association/Council.
- Co-Ordinate the NCC, NSS, Games, Swimming Pool, Sports, Cultural and Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities of the students.
- Keep a record of Alumni and correspond with them.
- Conduct the enquiries of students indulged in indiscipline.
- Correspond with Parents/Guardians of students about their progress and individual problem/welfare.