National institute of Technology Hamirpur is one of the thirty first NITs of the country established in 1986 as regional engineering college and converted into National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (NITH). It is an institute of national importance and imparts quality technical education at undergraduate level in civil engineering , computer science and engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Architecture, Apart from engineering undergraduate program , NITH also offers Post graduate, Dual degree in various streams of Doctorate Education in engineering, science and humanities .The institute aims to create technical manpower in various engineering areas of importance for nation and also contribute to latest growing technological and professional excellence. The Government of India has launched a program called “Skill India” to create opportunities and scope of development to Indian youth of especially rural areas to meet the challenge of skilling with speed and standard. In compliance with the decision of Government of India, NIT Hamirpur has already taken up the mission for enhancing employability through skill development training conducted by the various departments with special focus by Electrical, Mechanical and Management wing of NIT, Hamirpur.
The objective of this scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. Especially scheme aims to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate process of creating a registry of skills.
- To provide monetary awards for skill certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing for skill training.
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Creation of 500 million skilled manpower by 2022.
- Inclusive skill development irrespective of any divide–Gender,Rural/Urban,organized/unorganized industry,Traditional home based/contemporary work place based.
- Only 5% of existing workforce trained and more than 80% are without any formal training.
- Enhancement in training facilities.
- Identification of skill gaps and improvement in employability.
- Alignment of skill set with market requirement.
- Developing training packages reflecting industry needs.
- Skills development tools, including e-learning.
- A STC was organized by the Chemical Engineering Department on “Industrial Safety and Hazard management”, 15th to 20th January 2018
- A talk “India skills competitions” was delivered for UG Students of the Institute by officials from HP Kaushal Vikas Nigam at NIT Hamirpur on 10th Jan,2020
- Various Skill Development Program Conducted by NIT Hamirpur
- List of Proposed Programs under Skill India
- Skill Development Program Conducted by Department of Architecture
- Skill India Program Conducted by Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Skill India Program Conducted by Department of Chemical Engineering
- Skill India Training Program Conducted by Central Workshop
- Short Term Training Program in Mechanical Department.
Various Program Conducted By Departments
Dr. Mohd. Adil
NIT, Hamirpur (H.P-177005)
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 01972-254150 (O)